Deciding to buy a home is one of the biggest steps you will make in your life and it is likely to be the most expensive thing you will ever buy! So it is important to make sure you fully understand everything that is involved before you take that step.
Things to consider
- Are you absolutely sure you want to buy rather than rent?
- How big a deposit will I need to get a mortgage?
- What home loan options are available to you? Are there any low cost options you could take advantage of?
- How does the First Home Owner Grant (FHOG) work?
Why work with us?
Nearly half of Australian home buyers now use a mortgage professional to find them the home loan that best suits them.
First Select Finance Mortgage professionals have the expertise, the contacts and experience to ensure you get the right loan for you. Furthermore they take on the leg work so you don’t have to.
Your First Select mortgage professional will:
Discuss your existing situation, your lending needs, requirements, and obtain all necessary information pertaining to your lending application.
Explain the types of loans available to you from a range of banks and specialist lending institutions.
Based on information provided by you and utilising specialist lending software, match your lending requirements to a selection of loan products offered by a diverse range of lenders.
Provide an in-depth overview of the relevant costs associated with your loan application.
Act as an intermediary between you and the lenders by completing and packaging your loan application.
Liaise with your solicitor, real estate agent, accountant and any other related party to ensure a smooth and timely settlement.
Assist with any future lending requirements, whether you wish to check, change or top-up your loan.
There are so many different types of mortgages around these days that it can become very confusing as to which is the best for you. At First Select Finance we can offer you help to decide which might be the best for you.
- Guarantor Home Loans
- Self-Employed Home Loan
- 5% Deposit Home Loans
- Loan application or establishment fee
- Mortgage registration & transfer fees
- Stamp duty land tax
- Buildings insurance
- Mortgage insurance
- Conveyancing & legal fees
- Pest & building inspections
- Council and utility rates
- Moving in costs
Types of Interest Rates
- When choosing a mortgage you will face different types of deals depending on the interest rates. In First Select Finance our experienced and qualified advisors will guide you to find the best rate deal for you, in order to match with your affordability and your needs.
- Fixed – rate is fixed for a set number of years
- Standard Variable rate – normal interest rate your mortgage lender charges. Changes may occur after a rise or fall in the RBA cash rate
- Offset – link your saving account to your mortgage so you only pay interest on the difference
- Split loans-A split loan divides your loan into fixed and variable rate portions
- Interest only- or a set period, the loan payments comprise of only interest without any repayment of principal
Home Buying PRocess
- Determine what you can truly afford
- Look for a suitable property and make an offer
- Figure which mortgage is right for you
- Get an Agreement in Principle from the lender
- Hire a solicitor
- Arrange buildings insurance / life insurance
- Finalise your mortgage
- Exchange of contracts